Did you know that as a patient at Dr H R McMurray & Dr M Kurians' Surgery you might be able to use the extended access appointments available at Barlborough Medical Practice, The Springs Medical Partnership or Welbeck Road Health Centre?
A new service, commissioned by NHS England (which is part of the Government’s ‘General Practice Forward View’ Programme) has enabled collaborative working to allow additional access to patients of the following 9 Practices:
- Dr H R McMurray & Dr M Kurian Surgery
- Barlborough Medical Practice
- The Springs Medical Partnership
- Welbeck Road Health Centre
- Shires HealthCare Shirebrook
- Crags Health Centre
- Creswell & Langwith Surgeries
- Friendly Family Surgery Bolsover
- Castle Street Bolsover
This group of 9 Practices in North East Derbyshire will be known as the ‘North Derbyshire GP Collaborative’ (NDGPC).
Additional access will be provided at 3 of the Practices in the area on behalf of all 9 Practices. This additional access will be in the form of pre-bookable and on-the-day appointments which can be booked via your own Practice where you are registered. These will be available during Evenings and Weekends. This service will start in September 2018.
Please note - you will still remain registered with your existing Practice and your existing access to your Practice will not be affected. This service is available in addition to the current GP Practice services provided.
Details of the 3 Practices providing this service are:
- The Springs Medical Partnership: Staying open until 8pm Mon and Tues
- Barlborough Medical Practice: Open Saturday Morning 8am – 11.30am
- Welbeck Road Bolsover: Staying open until 8pm Wed and Thurs
- Friday evening appointments (until 8pm) will be provided on a rolling basis
- DHU: Will provide the service on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Please note that not each site will be open extra hours each day, you must telephone first.
We are unable to see patients who do not pre-book.
Please be assured that the 9 Practices have signed an Information Sharing Agreement which governs the appropriate use of patient data in order to provide Health Care Services. Existing confidentiality clauses ensure that all employees access data appropriately and in a fully audited manner.
Information about why extended access is happening and what it should mean for patients is available here: https://www.england.nhs.uk/gp/gpfv/redesign/improving-access/