What is a Patient Participation Group?
A patient participation group is a selection of patients and practice staff who meet at regular intervals to decide ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practice to the patients.
What is the purpose of Patient Participation Groups?
- To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their Practice.
- To provide the means for patients to make positive suggestions about the Practice and their own healthcare.
- To encourage health education activities within the Practice.
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients.
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of Health and Social Care.
- To involve further patients from the wider population.
More information can be found at The National Association for Patient Participation.
Virtual Patient Reference Group
Would you like to have your say about the services provided at Emmett Carr Surgery but don't have the time to come to our meetings?
Then you may like to join our Virtual Patient Group and help us shape the future.
We are very proud of our surgery and staff and although we try to do a good job we are always looking at ways to improve our service to our patients. So we are setting up a virtual patient participation group so that you can make suggestions about the way we deliver services to our patients. We would like a wide range of our patients to take part so that the views are representative of the local population.
We would like to email you from time to time to ask your views and we would like as many patients as possible to take part – just leave us your email address and we will be in contact once or twice a year to ask you for your views and what you think is important.
If you are happy to be part of this group you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.